The Decedent Owed Me Money. How Do I File a Claim Against The Estate?

Video Transcription:

If there’s an estate open and you are owed money from that estate, it’s important for you to retain an estate attorney to file a claim on your behalf so that you can get paid from the assets of the estate. It’s also very important that your claim is filed timely. What is timely? Timely is within the three month creditors claims period, and that claims period starts from the date of first publication of notice of administration in the estate. If you have ever received a notice in the mail that an estate has been opened, you need to immediately contact a probate attorney to make certain that your claim is timely filed.