Can I Use My Will To name A Guardian To Care For My Young Children and Manage Their Property?

Video Transcription:

Yes, inside your last will and testament, you name a guardian to care for your minor children should you and the other parent be deceased. It’s important to also utilize your last will and testament or irrevocable living trust to set up what’s called a testamentary trust for your minor children, so that there won’t be a guardianship initiated with assets passing to the child in the child’s name alone, which would, again, initiate a guardianship. If you set up an appropriate trust for the minor child, then you would avoid the necessity of having a guardianship when you pass as well.┬áHave more questions? Then contact us today to schedule a free consultation! Doane & Doane Top rated Tax & Estate Planning Attorneys