What can be done if there are not enough assets to cover the deceased’s debts?

Video Transcription:

In Florida, if a personal representative does not have enough assets in the estate to cover and pay for all of the timely and valuably filed claims in estate, there’s a procedure called abatement whereby the personal representative can petition the court to abate creditor’s claims to an extent that the assets of the estate will pay for a certain portion of the creditor’s claims.